Nichola Webb is the longest serving staff member and has worked with Deirdre since 2002. Nichola is a CAD Designer and converts Deirdre’s hand drawn and coloured designs to digital artwork which is then used as a template by our weavers.
1) Looking back over the past year, what would you say was your most memorable moment working at Deirdre Dyson?
I really enjoyed the CDQ summer street party in June. It was a fantastic evening, a nice celebration and introduction to our temporary showroom as we had just moved in. I also enjoyed visiting Designjunction, it was so contemporary and inspirational. A nice balance between creative and commercial.
2) From the choice of Deirdre Dyson designs, is there a particular favourite that you have and if so, why?
I think all the ‘Butterfly Collection’ is fabulous but my favourite is FARFALLA. It is such a beautiful design, well balanced with a combination of natural colours and lovely silk red spots. It makes you smile and could be used in various locations.
3) As a member of the CDQ, (Chelsea Design Quarter) is there a particular company or showroom within the vicinity that you like and would recommend to others?
GO MODERN specialises in contemporary design-led furniture. They have really lovely, unique furniture for the whole home.
My favourite lunch spot is Jaks, hidden away in a basement on the Kings Road with amazing Mediterranean food, authentic décor and a great relaxing atmosphere.
4) Seeing that Christmas is fast approaching what would be on your ‘Christmas wish list’ as the ultimate present?
As I have all my family in New Zealand, spending time with my nephew, niece and family is my ultimate present. Nothing comes close to this. I’m so excited as it is so close now.
5) And what are you looking forward to in the New Year?
We are all very excited about moving back to 554 Kings Road, into our newly refurbished showroom next year. The showroom is going to be spectacular and a beautiful space to work in. Definitely a highlight of the year.