Edison Abidi is a qualified Interior Designer and has been working for Deirdre Dyson since February 2007 as Showroom/Company Manager.
1) Looking back over the past year, what would you say was your most memorable moment working at Deirdre Dyson?
Memorable moment or should that be most memorable challenge? Yes, definitely most memorable challenge. That was to project manage our participation at the May Design Series, whilst organising the refurb of our temporary showroom at 602 Kings Road as well as arranging our exit from 554 Kings Road to make way for the exciting refurbishment taking place there…and all this happening at the same time.
2) From the choice of Deirdre Dyson designs, is there a particular favourite that you have and if so, why?
I’ve quite an eclectic taste and I’m often drawn to bold, statement pieces. The PALOMA design from the ‘Butterfly Collection’ is one of my favourites. I love the colour pink. It’s a happy, ‘feel good’ colour and this works well against the neutral background and black patterning of the wings.
3) As a member of the CDQ, (Chelsea Design Quarter) is there a particular company or showroom within the vicinity that you like or would recommend to others?
Orchid, which is next door to our temporary showroom. As well as very friendly staff, they have a beautiful selection of modern and vintage oriental furniture and accessories. Some great pieces that mix well into most modern interiors. I bought a 20th century pink children’s chair from there, to use as a small, low bedside table.
4) Seeing that Christmas is fast approaching, what would be on your ‘ Christmas wish list’ as the ultimate present?
(laughs). Ultimate present? I have much more than just the one. That ‘Christmas Wish List’ is way too long to print on here.
5) And what are you looking forward to in the New Year?
I’m not the first to say it, but the move back to our refurbished showroom at 554 Kings Road. It’s going to be an exciting time for everyone and with a stunningly, modern interior, the showroom will act as the perfect backdrop to the beautiful carpet designs. It will definitely be a talking point for some time to come.